Interested in getting Massage Therapy with a RMT? Info to plan your first visit.
Before your massage...
What to bring
- Bring your care card number with you.
- Bring any medical referral so a photocopy can be made for your file.
- ICBC claims: Please bring your claim number, adjuster name and phone number as well as the date of you MVA. We are an opted out clinic, therefore you will be charged the full amount of your treatment and given a receipt with which you can claim your money back from ICBC.
- Arrive 5-10 minutes early to fill out the appropriate paper work before your initial treatment. If you'd like to save a bit of time, please download, print and fill out our Confidential Patient History Form and our ICBC Personal Injury Questionnaire (if appropriate) before your appointment.
- You can also fill out your form when booking online
- Initial treatments are 45-60 minutes in length as a full history and assessment needs to be taken. Subsequent treatment lengths will be advised by the therapist after the first treatment.
If you need to cancel an appointment
- A 24-hour cancellation policy is in effect. If you are unable to attend your appointment please call 604.952.0538 at least 24-hours before the scheduled time. If you do not give 24-hours notice, you will be charged the full amount of the treatment.
- Please wear appropriate clothing for massage therapy such as shorts and a sports bra, if applicable. While on the massage table you will be covered with a sheet and blanket and only the area being treated will be undraped. Hands on skin is the most effective form of treatment but if you are uncomfortable with hands on skin treatment, it is possible to treat through clothing.
- After a full history and assessment is taken the therapist will inform you on how to get on the table. The therapist will then leave the room and allow you adequate time to change and position yourself on the massage table. Before entering the room the therapist will knock to insure you are ready.
- Towards the end of a session, instruction will be given for a homecare exercise or other movement depending on your individual presentation.
- We take credit card or cash/cheque. Upon payment you will receive an official receipt that you can submit to your Extended Health Insurance Provider or ICBC adjuster for reimbursement.
We look forward to meeting you in the near future.